We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information?
What Personal Information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Name, telephone, residential, commercial, mailing and email addresses;
- Gender, date of birth, age, purchase history, income, occupation, hobbies and interests;
- Details of the products and services that you have inquired about and purchased from us;
- Any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information that you provide to us directly through our websites, or indirectly through use of our online presence;
- Any additional information that you provide to us through surveys, service centres or directly through our representatives.
How do we collect Personal Information?
Personal Information is obtained in many ways including; interviews, correspondence, telephone, email, via our website www.impressionspropertystyling.com.au, from cookies, and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
What do we do with Personal Information?
- Personal Information collected by us may be used for:
- order processing, including billing and delivery of products and services;
- Internal record keeping;
- To improve our products and services;
- For marketing, research and planning purposes;
- To provide you with up to date information regarding products, services, events and promotions;
- To address queries or customer service issues promptly.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
- Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access and correction to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Impressions Property Styling will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information. In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information provided and provide details of the breach so that we can investigate it.
Phone: 0405 420 857